Thursday, September 22, 2011

SharePoint Documentum Framework

I was reading through my old posts and saw the one about Documentum Sharepoint integration.
I felt there is something that I need to clear up: SDF is not available for just anyone.

EMC currently offers 3 products that can be used to integrate Documentum with SharePoint:
  1. MyDocumentum for SharePoint
  2. Repository Services for SharePoint
  3. SharePoint Documentum Framework
I mentioned all that in my previous post. There is a difference between the first 2 and the third however.
The first 2 are offered a products that you can just buy and install. The SDF is not officially offered as a separate product. It is a product that you can buy, but it is only sold as part of an implementation deal with EMC Professional Services. EMC will not let the customer, nor a partner do the implementation of SDF, unless they are subcontracting for EMC Professional Services.

For some customers this should be no issue. For others this would mean that using SDF is not really an option. Fortunately there are 2 other integration products to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment